Fit India Movement was launched on 29th August 2019 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister with a view to make fitness an integral part of our daily lives. The mission of the Movement is to bring about behavioral changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle. Towards achieving this mission, Fit India proposes to undertake various initiatives and conduct events to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote fitness as easy, fun and free.
- To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities that promote fitness through focused campaigns.
- To encourage indigenous sports
- To make fitness reach every school, college/university, panchayat/village, etc.
- To create a platform for citizens of India to share information, drive awareness and encourage sharing of personal fitness stories.
Fit India Quiz
The Fit India Quiz is primed to be the first-of-its-kind nationwide quiz on fitness and sports for school children. The quiz will have representations from every State/UT in the country and will be a mix of online and broadcast rounds. The quiz format has been designed in an inclusive manner wherein school students from across the country will get an opportunity to test their fitness and sports knowledge against their peers. The quiz will be open for students from all age groups, but the questions shall be framed in a way that can be easily answered by students of class 8 and above.
Fit India Quiz, while providing a national platform to students to showcase their knowledge about fitness and sports, also endeavors to create awareness among students about India’s rich sporting history, including centuries-old indigenous sports, our sporting heroes of the past, and how traditional Indian lifestyle activities hold the key to a Fit Life for all.
Registrations will open in September 2021. For more information, visit fitindia.gov.in