The basic objectives of MBA Programme are:
- To equip students with necessary knowledge and managerial skills to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry, public system and the government.
- To inculcate appropriate ethical values and attitudes among students to function effectively in the work environment.
- To provide a right mix of managerial and business exposure to function effectively in various domains of management.
Students who complete the Master of Business Administration should be able to:
- understand business management concepts and their applications to domestic and global business setting
- familiarize themselves with financial concepts, analysis and reporting systems
- identify customer needs and to participate in the process of developing products and services to meet their requirements
- realize production models, distribution systems, and their role in the value creation process
- understand the political, environmental, legal, and regulatory settings of the organization
- appreciate the importance of multicultural, ethnic, ethical and gender issues in the organization
- acquire leadership skills, understand group and individual dynamics, and be able to work in teams
- enhance oral and written communication skills
- develop comprehensive problem solving and decision making skills
- appreciate the interrelationships among functional areas of management