The objectives of this course is to introduce students to the mostly used analytical and numerical methods in the different engineering fields by making them to learn Fourier series, Fourier transforms and Z-transforms, statistical methods, numerical methods to solve algebraic and transcendental equations, vector integration and calculus of variations.
The mandatory learning course Additional Mathematics I aims to provide basic concepts of complex trigonometry, vector algebra, differential and integral calculus, vector differentiation and methods of solving first order differential equations.
To enable the students to apply the knowledge of Mathematics in various engineering fields by making them to learn the following:
- nth derivatives of product of two functions and polar curves.
- Partial derivatives
- Vector calculus
- Reduction formulae of integration; To solve First order differential equations.
- Solution of system of linear equations , quadratic forms.
The Objective of this course is to make students learn and understand basic concepts and principles of physics to analyse practical engineering problems and apply its solutions effectively and meaningfully. To understand building up of models, design issues, practical oriented skills and problem solving challenges are the great task of the course. To know about shock waves and practical applications is the prime motto to introduce new technology at the initial stage of Engineering.
To provide students with knowledge of engineering chemistry for building technical competence in industries, research and development in the following fields:
- Electrochemistry & Battery Technology.
- Corrosion & Metal Finishing.
- Fuels & Solar energy.
- Water Technology & Nano Materials.
The objectives of this course is to make students to learn basics of Civil Engineering concepts and infrastructure development, solve problems involving Forces, loads and Moments and know their applications in allied subjects. It is a pre-requisite for several courses involving Forces, Moments, Centroids, Moment of inertia and Kinematics.
The objectives of this course is to make students to learn basic principles of Problem solving, implementing through C programming language and to design & develop programming skills. To gain knowledge of data structures and their applications.
Students belonging to all branches of Engineering are made to learn certain fundamental topics related to mechanical engineering so that they will have a minimum understanding of mechanical systems, equipment and process.
Engineering drawing is an important tool for all Engineers and for many others professionals. It is the language of Engineers. Engineering Drawing communicates all needed information from the engineer who designed a part to the workers who will manufacture it.
The aim of the subject is to equip students with the fundamentals of Computer Aided Engineering Drawing and to further the ability to communicate information by graphical means.
- Impart a basic knowledge of electrical quantities such as current, voltage, power, energy and frequency to understand the impact of technology in a global and societal context.
- Provide working knowledge for the analysis of basic DC and AC circuits used in electrical and electronic devices.
- Develop selection skill to identify the type of generators or motors required for particular application.
- Highlight the importance of transformers in transmission and distribution of electric power.
- Emphasise the effects of electric shock and precautionary measures.
- Improve the ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
15ELN15 / 15ELN25
The course objective is to make students of all the branches of Engineering to understand the efficacy of Electronic principles which are pervasive in engineering applications.
- To impart knowledge and skill to use tools, machines, equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Educate students of Safe handling of machines and tools.
Semester 1/ 2
To provide basic principles C programming language. To provide design & develop of C programming skills. To provide practical exposures like designing flowcharts, algorithms, how to debug programs etc.
15PHYL17 / 15PHYL27
Semester 1/ 2
- The Objective of this course is to make the students gain practical knowledge to co-relate with the theoretical studies. To achieve perfectness in experimental skills and the study of practical applications will bring more confidence and ability to develop and fabricate engineering and technical equipment.
- Design of circuits using new technology and latest components and to develop practical applications of engineering materials and use of principle in the right way to implement the modern technology.
To provide students with practical knowledge of quantitative analysis of materials by classical and instrumental methods for developing experimental skills in building technical competence.
Semester 1/ 2
- To identify the major challenges in environmental issues and evaluate possible solutions.
- Develop analytical skills, critical thinking and demonstrate socio-economic skills for sustainable development.
- To analyse an overall impact of specific issues and develop environmental management plan.
- To provide basic information about Indian constitution.
- To identify individual role and ethical responsibility towards society.
- To understand human rights and its implications.
To enable students to apply the knowledge of Mathematics in various engineering fields by making them to learn the following:
- Ordinary differential equations
- Partial differential equations
- Double and triple integration
- Laplace transform
- To familiarise the basic laws, theorems and the methods of analysing electrical circuits.
- To explain the concept of coupling in electric circuits and resonance.
- To familiarise the analysis of three-phase circuits.
- To analyse the transient response of circuits with dc and sinusoidal ac input.
- To impart basic knowledge on network analysis using Laplace transforms.
- To understand the concepts of transformers and their analysis.
- To suggest a suitable three phase transformer connection for a particular operation.
- To understand the concepts of generator and to evaluate their performance.
- To explain the requirement for the parallel operation of transformers and synchronous generators.
- Provide the knowledge for the analysis of transistor circuits.
- Develop skills to design the basic electronic circuits like amplifiers and oscillators.
- Highlight the importance of FET and MOSFET.
- To impart the knowledge of combinational circuit design.
- To impart the knowledge of Sequential circuit design.
- To provide the basic knowledge about VHDL & its use.
- To understand the concept of units and dimensions.
- To measure resistance, inductance, capacitance by use of different bridges.
- To study the construction and working of various meters used for measurement.
- To have the working knowledge of electronic instruments and display devices.
- Conducting of different tests on transformers and synchronous machine and evaluation of their performance.
- Verify the parallel operation of two single phase transformers of different KVA rating.
- Study the connection of single phase transformers for three phase operation and phase conversion.
- Study of synchronous generator connected to infinite bus.
- To design and test half wave and full wave rectifier circuits.
- To design and test different amplifier and oscillator circuits using BJT.
- To study the simplification of Boolean expressions using logic gates.
- To realise different Adders and Subtractors circuits.
- To design and test counters and sequence generators.
This course will enable students to:
- Formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.
- Apply numerical methods to solve ordinary differential equations.
- Apply finite difference method to solve partial differential equations.
- Perform complex analysis.
- Interpret use of sampling theory.
- Apply joint probability distribution and stochastic process.
- Explain the arrangement and operation of hydroelectric, steam, diesel, gas turbine and nuclear power plants and working of major equipment in the plants.
- Classification of substation and explain the operation of different substation equipment.
- Explain the importance of grounding and different grounding methods used in practice.
- Explain the economics of power generation and importance of power factor.
- To understand the concepts of various methods of generation of power.
- To understand the importance of HVAC, EHVAC, UHVAC and HVDC transmission.
- To design insulators for a given voltage level.
- To calculate the parameters of the transmission line for different configurations and assess the performance of the line.
- To study underground cables for power transmission and evaluate different types of distribution systems.
- To study the constructional features of Motors and select a suitable drive for specific application.
- To study the constructional features of Three Phase and Single phase induction Motors.
- To study different test to be conducted for the assessment of the performance characteristics of motors.
- To study the speed control of motor by a different methods.
- Explain the construction and operation of Synchronous motor and special motors.
- To study different coordinate systems for understanding the concept of gradient, divergence and curl of a vector.
- To study the application of Coulomb’s Law and Gauss Law for electric fields produced by different charge configurations.
- To evaluate the energy and potential due to a system of charges.
- To study the behavior of electric field across a boundary between a conductor and dielectric and between two different dielectrics.
- To study the magnetic fields and magnetic materials.
- To study the time varying fields and propagation of waves in different media.
- 1 of 2