Affiliation & Recognition
AITM offers a wide range of engineering programs that have international recognition. The institute also offers full time M.B.A. course, M.Sc. and Ph.D. The institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education. The institute is committed to academic excellence and high teaching standards. We constantly review the content and structure of courses to ensure that our students get the very best platform for academic achievements.
Definitions of Key Words
- Academic Year: Two consecutive (one odd + one even) semesters constitute one academic year.
- Semester: Each semester will consist of 15-18 weeks of academic work equivalent to 90 actual teaching days. The odd semester may be scheduled from August to January and even semester from February to July.
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS): The CBCS provides choice for students to select from the prescribed courses (core, elective and Foundation Courses).
- Credit Based Semester System (CBSS): Under the CBSS, the requirement for awarding a degree or certificate is prescribed in terms of number of credits to be earned by the students.
- Program: An educational program leading to award of a Degree or certificate.
- Course: Usually referred to, as ‘papers’ is a component of a program. All courses need not carry the same weightage. The courses should define learning objectives and learning outcomes. A course may be designed to comprise lectures/ tutorials/ laboratory work/ field work/ outreach activities/ project work/ vocational training/viva/ seminars/ term papers/ assignments/ presentations/ self-study etc. or a combination of some of these.
- Branch: Specialization or discipline of B.E. Degree Program, like Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Letter Grade: It is an index of the performance of students in a said course. Grades are denoted by letters S, A, B, C, D, E and F.
- Grade Point: It is a numerical weightage allotted to each letter grade on a 10-point scale.
- Credit: A unit by which the course work is measured. It determines the number of hours of instructions required per week. One credit is equivalent to one hour of teaching (lecture or tutorial) or two hours of practical work/field work per week.
- Credit Point: It is the product of grade point and number of credits for a course.
- Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA): It is a measure of academic performance of student/s in a semester. It is the ratio of total credit points secured by a student in various courses registered in a semester and the total course credits taken during that semester. It shall be expressed up to two decimal places.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): It is a measure of overall cumulative performance of a student over all semesters. The CGPA is the ratio of total credit points earned by a student in various courses in all semesters and the sum of the total credits of all courses in all the semesters. It is expressed up to two decimal places.
- First Attempt: If a student has completed all formalities and become eligible to attend the examinations and has attended at least one head of passing, such attempt (first sitting) shall be considered as first attempt.
- Transcript or Grade Card or Certificate: Based on the grades earned, a grade certificate shall be issued to all the registered students after every semester. The grade certificate will display the course details (code, title, number of credits, grade secured) along with SGPA of that semester and CGPA earned till that semester.
Understand Us Better
On exploring your options, you will probably decide that AITM is the primary choice. If you are interested in knowing us better or wish to visit our campus, we provide ample opportunities for you to do so. Our administrative staff will be happy to help you or to direct you to the relevant department for your specific queries. From admission to graduation, they coordinate with students on all academic aspects. Please feel free to contact us.